The concept is simple, a photograph a day for an entire year. Why? I see this as a way to work on my photography, tell my story in a creative way, and keep my sanity with something that'll be constant and unchanging for 2012.

I'll be posting "sparks" at the beginning of each month which will be categories of photo taking, or aspects of photo taking that I can work on; things that'll spark ideas for each month's photography.

So here it is, photography in my life, of my life, about my life. Enjoy! <3

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February's Spark

February's Spark is Black & White vs Color Photography. This month will mostly be Black & White photography, but I'm putting "vs Color" because I know sometime this month I will get bored and want a splash of color back in my life. I want to be able to play and experiment with saturation; and having a lot of color, a little color, and no color in a photo. Also, I think it'll be interesting to put up some of my photography in both black & white, and color, and compare them. So, that's it. I'm keeping it really open this month because I hated the strict format I had last month. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to compare your work in color and b&w. I was once told if I can take a picture of still water in b&w (by Jason's dad actually) and still spark interest from the picture, I am a good photographer. I think I'm still trying to master that actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so interesting! I don't love black and white, but I feel like this will help me become a better photographer. Thanks for the pointer, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete