The concept is simple, a photograph a day for an entire year. Why? I see this as a way to work on my photography, tell my story in a creative way, and keep my sanity with something that'll be constant and unchanging for 2012.

I'll be posting "sparks" at the beginning of each month which will be categories of photo taking, or aspects of photo taking that I can work on; things that'll spark ideas for each month's photography.

So here it is, photography in my life, of my life, about my life. Enjoy! <3

Thursday, February 16, 2012

[47/366]

So today I'm going to be lazy and not really post any photographs that I took. But I saw this photo of a tattoo yesterday and I just have to post it. It is the most lovely thing I've ever seen.

Now, don't get me wrong.. I was brought up in a family where tattoos aren't acceptable. I am mormon and we don't believe in tattooing our bodies. But I have a unhealthy obsession with them. Haha. I can't get them, but if I did I know EXACTLY what I would do. And it's not like I would cover all of my skin in permanent ink. Every single tattoo would mean something to me. Sooo, that's what I'm going to ramble about today. (:

First off, I would get this map tattooed on my back/shoulder area. Traveling and foreign cultures are a big part of who I am and what I'm interested in. Every place I went to, I would get a little dot or one of these little guys (*) on the map. And then maybe have a list going down my back of all of those places in the order I visited them in.


Second, I'd want some sort of matching tattoo with my husband. Either his name in cursive going up my ring finger and mine on his, or the date of the day we got married... Something like that to tribute the love of my life.

Third, a music note or curvy, flowing music staff on my foot/ankle area. Music is a huge part of my life and I would want that evident on my body.

And last, I would want a wrist tattoo that reminded me of Christ. I was thinking a circle on the wrist to represent the nails He hung from when He was resurrected with a cursive "Remember" or my favorite scripture about his life/resurrection going through the circle. This tattoo isn't really planned well though, I'd have to make sure it would look good and plan it a little better....

Anyway, that's it. Comment with your thoughts or your ideas of tattoos that you want or have seen. Have a beautiful day! <3

2 comments:

  1. First off, let me tell you that I love your blog! I read it all the time. I might be borderline stalker. Don't be too freaked out.

    Second, I love your tattoo ideas! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! It makes me happy to know that at least someone reads my blog!! Love you, Kels.

      Delete